BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Millie Turns 3!

**I will back track another day.  I need to update on current stuff for now!

UPDATE: My grandparents are both home and doing okay.  My grandpa is doing a ton better now that his medication is all straightened out.  His doctor gave him permission to go back to normal activities.  That would be golfing three times a week and working around the house.  I talked to him yesterday and he sounded great!  My grandma is a whole different story!  My mom took her to the doctor yesterday and the doctor pretty much told my mom that my grandma is in the beginning stages of dementia.  This explains her paranoia, not eating, not leaving the house and repeating her self a million times.  It really makes me sad.  I just know the "normal" that I knew months ago, will never be the same.  We are going to have to continually adjust to a "new normal."  My grandpa will be her primary caretaker for now and we are just having to take it one day at a time.  She sounds normal when I talk to her, but you can tell something is a little off.  I am really thankful for the progress of my grandpa.  Two going down hill at the same time is going to really take a toll on my mom, as well as my sister and I.

MILLIE turned 3 last Saturday!  I know I will say this every single year of her life, but it is hard to believe that I have a 3 year old!  She woke up on her birthday morning, boldly announcing "It's my birthday today!"  We were non stop after that!  She came out and got lots of hugs and kisses and was ready for presents!  She opened some clothes, a cupcake set and a basketball goal from us.  THEN, she got a card from her Nana and Papa that told her to go outside to the carport...there it was...a pink Mini Cooper!  She was so excited and loves driving it!  She has some trouble steering, but it wont be long before she is driving to the mailbox to check the mail!

After presents she came in for a breakfast of a chocolate donut with 3 candles on top.  She blew and blew and blew, but couldn't quite get them.  I really didn't mind helping her!  She played with her new stuff and we all got ready for her party!  She had her party at Stevi B's pizza where we had our own private room.  A bunch of family came and we did all the normal birthday stuff!  She really likes the game room so to spend a lot of time in there with her cousins was a dream come true I'm sure!  She got quite a few fun toys that are presently strewn about in the living room.  She is one lucky little girl!

We came home for naps and a lot of toy fun!  We finished off the evening with breakfast for dinner!  She really had a great time and I did too!  It was by far the most laid back, stress free party we've had in her short 3 years!  I would certainly do it again!

My Millie is the sweetest little girl and I love her so stinkin much!  She welcomes us each morning with a sweet "good morning" and gives us hugs and kisses.  She is about 75% potty trained and I am convinced she will be good to go very soon.  She can count and sing her ABC's and recognizes most numbers and letters.  She amazes me with the words she knows and the things she says.  (Mom, I'm totally full!)  She loves her brother more than anything in this world and always wants to know where he is.  She loves to sing and her favorite song right now is "If you're happy and you know it" to which she says "Shout Purrrrray!" Instead of Hooray.  I will never correct her!  I had NO clue what a little girl would do to me, but I am SO THANKFUL for her life.  I am so thankful that the Lord saw fit to giver her to Clint and I while we walk this earth.  We are fully aware that she is truly His child and we are doing the best we can to show her Jesus every day!

Happy birthday to my favorite girl in the whole wide world!  Mommy loves you!

Until next time,
Sam

0 comments: