BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 11, 2013

My Grandparents

My grandparents are some of the spunkiest people I know.  They have been around for most of my life.  They have been involved in many aspects of my life even when they didn't belong.  They have always loved me, even if their way of love hurt...badly.  There have been years of my life that my grandparents and I were not on speaking terms because I tried to stand up for myself.  Seriously, I could write a book on the trials I've been through with and because of them.  But on the flip side, I have so many great memories of my times with them.  I respect them and in some ways, look up to them. My grandpa is 81 and my grandma is 78. They have been married for 58 years and are each others best friends.

As of right now, my strong, retired Navy, golf-3-times-a-week, grandpa is in the hospital.  Over a year ago he got shingles and has been dealing with chronic pain from that for a while.  I guess he has really been struggling lately and has stopped eating.  Yesterday he fell twice and they took him to the ER.  He also has a UTI and is dealing with that.  They have told him if he doesn't start eating soon that he will have to have a feeding tube put in.  He doesn't want that so hopefully he will start eating!

What makes this a little crazier is the fact that my mom is the only person they have to help them.  And, she was diagnosed with Lukemia in February. (More about this later) she is weak and tired and sick.

My grandma is struggling with severe depression and anxiety and I know this recent situation with my grandpa isn't helping matters. It all makes me so sad.  I am an hour and a half away and am totally willing to head that way, but they all just keep telling me to stay put.  I will stay put for now, but I am praying for relief for all of them!

Thank you for your prayers!

Until next time,
Sam

1 comments:

H said...

Prayed several times today and will keep it up! Love you!