BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 25, 2010

I love the Weekend!!!

Catching Up

Well….Happy Monday?!?!?! It seems like every time I turn around, it’s Monday again! Today has been a busy/crazy day all wrapped into one! I apparently thought it would be a great idea to have a Science Lab on a Monday….WRONG! And…sadly…I have another one scheduled for tomorrow! Oh well…we are crossing them off our list!

We had a great weekend! Friday night I caught up on my, what’s-the-word…Guilty Pleasure shows! I just can’t help it! Real Housewives and Grey’s Anatomy! After I took care of that, I went to bed, only to wake a whopping 13 hours later…momma was TIRED! Saturday I had a burst of energy and managed to clean our kitchen…REALLY clean and clean out the pantry! That thing was a disaster and I am so glad to have that over with!

Sunday was a lovely day as well. First, my love doesn’t work on Sunday’s, so I enjoy being with him all day! We went to church, I made it through a meeting and off we went to lunch. LONGHORNS!!! One of my favorites, but we NEVER go there due to the prices…just don’t care to pay $35 for two people to eat….BUT we had a gift card thanks to my AWESOME Brother and sister-in-law and PRECIOUS niece Allison….(shout out to you Megan!) Plus, we had a $4 off coupon! I thoroughly enjoyed my Caesar salad, salmon and that really yummy bread!

After leaving Longhorn’s I got to do something that I haven’t done in a long, long time. We went to the hospital to visit our friends Andrew and Sarah and their 7 Hour old baby boy, Sam! Oh be still my heart! He was 9 lbs, 6 ounces and the cutest ball of baby I’ve seen. (I say that about all babies…I can’t help it) Oh my! It was all I could do not to burst out in tears. A little over a year ago, these two people experienced something that NO one would ever want to experience. Sarah was about 6 months pregnant with baby Jack, when one day, he was gone. She had to deliver him, but Baby Jack was already with Jesus. It was a heart wrenching ordeal for their family, but they came out on the other side! Baby Jack isn’t forgotten, but I am SO glad for them to now have Baby Sam…a healthy, loved and much longed for baby!

I can’t help but think of the line to that song….”You give and take away, you give and take away, my heart will choose to say, Blessed be your Name!”

Experiencing the hospital visit and seeing Sarah a mere 7 hours after her c-section and hearing all of her encouraging words to me, made my heart soar! I can’t wait to have Baby Thompson…obviously I want her/him to grow inside me and be healthy and strong before coming, but folks, I cannot wait!

Ahhhh my heart!

On to other baby talk…my dear friend Holly, that I have mentioned on here several times….still no baby! Her birthmom was officially due yesterday!!!! Nothing like drawing things out! They just returned from another Doctor’s appointment and I got a text that said “No change…just sporadic contractions. Seriously.” Bless their hearts! I can only imagine how their birthmom must be feeling. Nothing like being in the “waiting”! I am praying constantly for them!

Oh yeah, And the SAINTS are going to the SUPERBOWL! We had a blast watching the game...except toward the end where I pouted for a little bit...:)

Until next time,
Sam

2 comments:

H said...

I am LOVING my weekends, too! I'm glad you're getting some downtime; hoping your energy perks back up soon!

I loved reading about your hospital visit...I can't believe that will be you in a few short months! I'm so excited! And I love those names...hmmmmm....

LOL! Love ya!

Megan said...

Thanks for the shout out! I guess that makes up for your pro-Saints comments. They play dirty, I'm just sayin... :) Go Colts!!! Love ya, glad you enjoyed your Longhorn lunch!