BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 11, 2010

Panic, Prayer, Peace, Praise (in that order)

Last week I got an email from the Executive Pastor that said,

“Samantha, when you get a chance, call me, I’d like to discuss the possibility of you coming to the weekly Church Staff meetings.”

Immediate Panic! Why? Because as of right now, my plate is full! I am a full time 6th grade teacher with 3 preps. I live an hour from where I work. My husband works in the evenings. I am the(part time, yeah right) Children’s Director of the church and oversee the Nursery, Sunday School, Children’s Church and Awana programs. And…I am pregnant.

Panic! I couldn’t for the life of me figure out how I could fit one more thing on my overflowing plate. Not to mention, I didn’t want to go to staff meetings with a room full of very powerful, very smart, intimidating Men!

As I began to panic over this, I saw how ridiculous it all was. So, I prayed. I prayed that the Lord would work it out that I wouldn’t have to do this, and that if I did, I would make the best of it.

The next day, I met with the Executive Pastor. He made it very clear that it was not his wish for me to take on this extra responsibility. He made it very clear that it was the Pastor that wanted me there. The Pastor wanted to change staff meeting time from 1:00 on Wednesdays (I teach History then) to 3:30-5:30 so that I could be there. I KNEW this would make NO one happy. So, the Exec Pastor and I decided that I could come during my planning period on Wednesdays from 2:00-2:30, say what I needed to say, hear what I needed to hear and leave. I figured that was better than the alternative, so I went with it.

Peace. I had complete peace that this was going to work out.

And waddoya know….It did.

The Executive Pastor stopped me at lunch today and told me not to worry about the Staff Meeting. I thought he meant for this week, but he said “forever.” He went on to say how he told the Pastor that this was not discussed when I was hired. I am only part time. I teach full time. I am pregnant. And…he thinks my plate is full enough and he doesn’t want my areas to suffer! Praise the Lord! I could have hugged the man in the middle of the cafeteria, but I thought better of it!

I will have to do a typed, bulleted report each week of the goings on, but that is so doable! I cannot complain!

Thank you Jesus for Peace and answered Prayers!

Until next time,
Sam

4 comments:

Kel said...

The Lord is soo good!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

I am SO glad that worked out perfectly...God loves to take care of even the smallest details!! :) And I was cracking up at your other post...it is definitely hard to distinguish gas & kicking, but then all of the sudden you can really tell a difference (at least I could.) :)

carrie said...

Your post is such an encouragement to go to God for everything and always pray about each decison!

H said...

Great to see that God still speaks common sense into very powerful, very smart, intimidating men:) He is SO in control of it all:)