BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Safe

Happy Open House night! (Said in my most sarcastic tone) It is 6:30 and I have been at school for 11 hours…by the time I leave it will be 12 ½! I am pooped to say the least, but I am hanging in there. I don’t want to complain because I love my job, but whew what a day.

Cheater girl got off scott free. Cheater girls momma had to rub it in just a tad and said “until she graduates from this school, she will say she didn’t cheat,” to which I replied “and until the day she graduates, I will say she did,” and then I summed up our little meeting and off she went with a smile on her face. As my sixth graders say, whatev!

Due to open house, I stay all the way through without going home. On nights like these, I usually go grab a bite to eat then hang out at the bookstore until time to go back to school. Tonight I was invited by a fellow co-worker and mother of one of my students to go to Z.axbys for supper with them. I love this family and was so thankful to be able to eat with them….they paid for me too which is always nice! They are adoptive parents to two girls, 12 and 6. I think this give me a little more love for them since my heart is so into the adoption process and the people involved.

The youngest of their daughters is a doll. Everytime she sees me she asks about my baby. Today she asked if it was time to feed my baby. Did I think it was going to hurt when my baby came out. She asked if she could be invited to the day that the baby comes. And also asked if my baby was going to have a crib or a manger. SO SWEET. I had a blast!

I must go, but I will leave you with a song that is at the top of my charts these days. It is SO wonderful to know that I am safe. That my husband is safe. That my baby is safe. That my family is safe. That my friends are safe. That my friends whose lives are about to change one way or the other….are safe! Read the words to this song, really read them….talk about peace!

To the one who's dreams are falling all apart
And all you're left with is a tired and broken heart
I can tell by your eyes you think your on your own
but you're not all alone

Have you heard of the One who can calm the raging seas
Give sight to the blind, pull the lame up to their feet
With a love so strong and never let you go
oh you're not alone

(Chorus)
You will be safe in His arms
You will be safe in His arms
'Cause the hands that hold the world are holding your heart
This is the promise He made
He will be with You always
When everything is falling apart
You will be safe in His arms

Did you know that the voice that brings the dead to life
Is the very same voice that calls you to rise
So hear Him now He's calling you home
You will never be alone

(Bridge)
These are the hands that built the mountains
the hands that calm the seas
These are the arms that hold the heavens
they are holding you and me

These are hands that healed the leper
Pulled the lame up to their feet
These are the arms that were nailed to a cross
to break our chains and set us free

- 'Safe' by Phil Wickham

Until next time,
Sam

2 comments:

Megan said...

What comes around, goes around... Cheater girl will one day realize the mistake she's made. So frustrating for you I'm sure!

Funny thing, "Safe" has been in my head all morning long - before I read your blog! It's high on my chart right now too.

Have a great week!

H said...

1) Cheater girl's parents have no idea that they just taught their daughter that they will always cover for her...it will come back to haunt them!

2) I just heard that on the radio today...it's good! Thank God we're safe with Him...where would we be without that???

Love you!