BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 13, 2010

One Month Reflections

Well...it's official...Millie is one month old today!

Everyone...and I mean everyone...tells you that it goes fast. I believed them, really I did, but, apparently it's one of those things you just have to experience youself to really understand the truth to it all!

It really does feel like yesterday.

This last month has been great! I am not gonna lie...I miss my sleep! I miss watching a tv show, uninterrupted. I miss the freedom of being able to run to the store. I miss being able to eat at the same time as Clint. But all of that pales in comparison to what I adore. Seriously the list could go on and on and on forever of the wonderfulness that is mommyhood!

Millie eats like a champ. Now that we are on soy, the hiccups and gas are pretty much gone. She is downing 4 oz. at a time, and eating every 3-4 hours. She goes down for the night about 11ish and wakes again at 3am then again at 6ish..sometimes 7. She does really well at the 3 am feeding to eat, burp, get changed and go straight back to sleep...I get so proud of her...I am sure I look rediculous walking around at 3 am with a smile on my face!

We are officially out of newborn diapers. I learned this the hard way last night actually. All she had in her diaper bag was newborn size diapers...we've had her in size 1s at home for a couple of days now. As I put the newborn size on last night, it was quite the struggle...and quite snug! We managed to use all the newborn diapers that were given to us with the exception of 5 diapers...not too bad!

She is already out of most of her newborn sized clothes. Some of our favorite pjs are too small...it really hurts my heart actually!

She has a stuffed giraffe named Tip Top that her uncle Wesley brought her from Dollywood. She loves it. She will stare at it for long periods of time and even is starting to coo at it. I have a feeling we will be hanging with Tip Top quite a bit in the future!

I think that is about it for now! Time to go wash bottles for the evening...who knew that would take a solid 30 minutes????

My official one month picture!
Talking to Tip Top!
Until next time,
Sam

1 comments:

Me said...

Love the photos! Too cute!