BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Status

I have so many possible facebook statuses swirling in my brain right now that it is unreal! The problem is, I cannot put ANY of them on there. Why? Because of who my "friends" are. Crazy I know.

I don't want to freak close friends out by posting something vague. I can't offend the few work people I have on there, so I can't say what I really want to.

So...here they are...to make me feel a little better...

Samantha Thompson is...

...on the verge of losing it

...so full of questions

...having a hard time understanding the "whys"

...about to go post-partum on someone

...really wants to sleep 8 straight hours...I really really do!

...TICKED

So there they are! Concerned? Don't be! Just venting.

In a nutshell...this is the dealio...

Rewind to MARCH...asked all the right "maternity leave" questions to be prepared for after Millie's birth. Understood the answers to be something to the effect of...take off the time you need, school pays 60% of usual pay. No biggie since I have Aflac...they will pay 40%. The plan was to take off until 9/20 (my 28th b-day).

Fastforward to YESTERDAY...(13 DAYS before school starts)(nothing like waiting until the last minute) I got a phone call from Personell...MUST have a letter from my doctor stating my NEED to be out of work(maternity leave doesn't suffice)...that is the only way the school will pay 60%. Call the Doctor...they will only say 6 weeks which puts us at Aug 24th...I MUST read the letter before they fax...it has to say that I am NOT ALLOWED to go to work. Not what we had planned, or hoped for, but somewhat doable. I would miss inservice and 3 days of students. Big whoop! I shed a few tears, put on my big girl panties and resolved to just deal with it!

TODAY...get an email...NO PAY...ZERO MONIES...NADA for 8/1-8/27...HUH? I have no idea what in the world/why in the world this is the case. MORE tears, upset husband, even MORE tears and LOTS of phone calls...still no answers!

Of course this doesn't take place until around 3:00, making it very difficult to get in touch with people at the end of the day. So, we wait...and wait...and wait until tomorrow.

Let me pause a moment...no matter what the outcome...we will be fine. We may go into a little debt to help pay bills, but we will be fine. My goal is to not be bitter towards the MINISTRY I work for. My goal is to spend every waking moment with my baby girl. My goal is to know that God is NOT surprised and that He IS in CONTROL of it all!

Positive notes:

-Contacted babysitter...she is ready anytime to start watching Millie!
-learning patience and communication skills
-my husband is the best listener and my biggest fan...I love that he hates to see me upset...(does that make sense...he cares!)
-They are building a new chickfila on the way to work...on the right side of the road...easy access!

Thanks for letting me vent! Please pray with me tonight that this will be resolved tomorrow. I hate things like this hanging over my head. Pray that I wont let it ruin the little time I have left with my girl. Pray that I will stop crying.

Thanks and much love,
check back tomorrow for updates,
Sam

3 comments:

carrie said...

Oh Sam, my heart goes out to you and I will pray for you to get some much needed answers and peace. I know how precious every minute is with your baby, and I hope you can have a nice long maternity leave.

rickaren said...

That sucks. I'm very sorry-- keep us updated! Love you!

Megan said...

Praying you get the answers you need! Wow, I'm so sorry. Will be checking for updates!