BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 12, 2010

That's the kind of God He is!!!

**Honest Post Ahead

Right before the end of the last school year, I was "let go" from my duties as the Children's Director of the church. Being honest...I was bummed. I enjoyed having that job and the responsibilities that came with it. I KNEW that our budget was drasticly changing by adding a baby in July and now knowing that we were out $1,000 a month, panic started to set it! However, along with being bummed, I was relieved! I was thankful for the anticipation my Pastor had of the things that lay ahead for me and for the fact that he knew my plate would be too full. I recently emailed him, post Millie, thanking him for being sensitive to my situation. At this point, I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the right decisions were made for everyone involved! The thought of having that responsibility hanging over my head as I transition into mommyhood and soon working mommyhood, makes me kind of cringe. I am over-the-moon greatful for the break from that and the break from being the "go-to-girl" and "Samantha will do it" person!

I remember the day I found out I was done with that job was a Tuesday. I remember being nervous to tell Clint that we are officially going to be broke again! When I told him, I could tell he was nervous about the financial situation that lay ahead! BUT...together...we knew it was all going to be fine.

THEN...on that Wednesday we found out that our rent was going up $60 a month. For some reason that $60 figure threw us into a tailspin. So much of a tail spin that we contemplated giving up our 3 bedroom apartment and moving to a 2 bedroom. Clint started calling all the complexes and figuring out a plan. Mind you...it was May, Millie was due in July and we would have been moving the first part of August. Also...we had JUST finished putting together Millie's nursery. I was SO upset. Eventually, after trying to figure it out on our own, we prayed (duh!) about it. Together and separately. Seriously after dinner that very night, I had peace. I talked to Clint and we decided to once again, step out on faith and stay put. We knew that God would provide that money...who cares that insurance just went up, who cares that we now have to pay for daycare, who cares about the cost of diapers and formula...God would provide.

Throughout the summer months, we were extremely fortunate to pay off one of our cars and pay off a loan that we had hanging over us. Those two bills being paid off will definitely help with the extras for sure! I also was fortunate to get a little bit of a raise...which is unheard of these days...especially at Private Christian Schools!

I got my first paycheck with that little bit of a raise added in...and I want you to know, the raise added...$61 to my paychecks! WOW!

His Grace is Sufficient!
Can I get an amen?

Until next time,
Sam

3 comments:

Kelli said...

AMEN! HE always knows best! Glad things are working out for you!!

Megan said...

Amen, Amen and AMEN!!! I love how God added that extra $1 just to say, See, I've got it under control. I needed to hear this - you'll never know what it did for my heart and my faith. Love you guys.

H said...

LOVE it when He smiles and says, "See? I know what I'm doing. Love you!" It makes everything about having a relationship with Him more personal! Still living that out day by day. I'm glad you got to go to school yesterday...and glad you've still got the itch to teach! That's a GREAT sign! Two weeks from today....YAY!!!!!!!!!!