BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

News!!

Yesterday was our 18W formal ultrasound appointment. I have been counting down the sleeps until yesterday! We have been SO excited to find out our baby’s gender, but more importantly, to make sure everything is where it should be.

When we got to the waiting room, I was a nervous wreck! I just KNEW baby wouldn’t cooperate. That was the negative coming out in me. They called us back, squirted the gel on my belly and off we went. The ultrasound was VERY unclear, due to me not drinking enough water. I got a little lecture about that too. We were able to get positive readings on most everything…head size, brain, blood flow, bladder, etc.

However, she could not find baby’s kidneys or clearly see the heart to make sure it was a 4 chambered heart. (we did hear it beating away at 140 BPM, though) I have to go back in 2 weeks. She said for me not to panic, baby is small still and that I needed to drink more water. I can’t help but to be a little concerned about these things….just being honest. My mommy heart is a little bummed that I didn’t have a superior visit, but I am praying all will be well when we go back March 1st.

Baby would NOT cooperate as I guessed, so we ended up doing a vaginal exam as well. No biggie and within ONE minute, it was VERY clear….we are having a GIRL!!!

Clint and I looked at each other shocked! We were just sure it was a boy, although we both wanted a girl. Everyone (almost) just KNEW it was a boy as well. We are tickled pink!

So…here’s to Millie Kaye making her appearance in July! Please pray that when we go back in two weeks, all is good and baby is healthy!


Here she is...in all her glory!

Here we are, anxiously awaiting the news!

Much love and thanks for reading,
Until next time,
Sam

1 comments:

carrie said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you! I went at 20 weeks so maybe that's why you can't see everything clearly yet. I wouldn't worry about it!
Isn't it fun to know who is in there now??