BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Welcome!

If this is your first time stopping by my blog, welcome! If you are a faitful reader, welcome!

I noticed that over on H's blog, she linked up to mine for people to have easy access to her friend Samantha! Here I am!

We are all waiting for the glorious news that Little Guy has arrived. I am the lucky one that will get updates throughout the day tomorrow and do my best to get them on here as fast as I can...even if my 6th graders have to sit for a minute without my guidance! :)

I have known H for about 4 years now! I am a better person for knowing her. She is incredibly kind, a wonderful listener, quite the funny one and we just "click!" For the longest time I wondered when H would have a baby. I never asked her because I didn't want to be nosey or pry. But I will never forget the day she gave me some news. I remembered that she had missed work here and there and had to leave early sometimes. Again, not wanting to be nosey, I said nothing. I knew she would tell me if it was my business. Something to know about H is that she is a planner...seriously. I always admired her ability to carry her day planner, write important info in it and actually remember to look at it! Anyway, she mentioned to me one day at school that she needed to talk to me that afternoon. Of course, in my all-knowingness, I KNEW what she was going to tell me. I just KNEW she was going to have a baby...what I didn't know was just HOW that would happen.

This is getting wordy, so I'll hurry. We talked, and she told me that she and her husband had been attending adoption meetings and that things hadn't gone according to their plan for growing their family so adoption would be the route they would take. It was at THAT moment, that I was determined to pray for my friend every single day. I couldn't imagine the pain and thoughts they had been going through for so long. So pray I did. Day after day, I prayed. As we all know in this life, not everyone is gifted with the ability to say the right thing. The last thing I ever wanted to do was to be the "ding-dong" that just spoke without thinking, so, I prayed.

Fastforward to now...I am still praying! My prayers have changed over time and I have made sure to offer prayers of thanksgiving to our Lord. Tomorrow is the day we've been waiting for. Tomorrow I will pray.

Love you H and please know that your family and friends are sitting at the feet of Jesus praying on your behalf as well as the behalf of your beautiful birthmother!

Can't wait!
Sam

2 comments:

rickaren said...

I second that. Praying and praying and praying!

H said...

And that...makes me cry. I love you so much! Thanks for being such an incredibly supportive praying maniac!:) You're the best!