BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 14, 2009

For Real?

I am amazed, shocked, pleased and just plain in awe!

Today was my first day back at work...inservice...blech! However, with my new resolve to be Mrs. Positive (even more than I already am), I was really excited! And, much to my surprise, it was great! Great? Yes...great!

In the past I have been used to meetings where teachers were spoon fed every little detail. To the point of administrators actually reading the handbook to us...yeah..for real! Not this year, it has been short. sweet. and to the point. Not that we don't get what we need by any means, but they trust that we are able to read the 100+ page faculty manual all by ourselves.

One of the issues I have stuggled with since I was in high school was the ability people have to ask the dumbest questions at the worst times in these types of meetings. NOT ONCE today did I experience that. I left the meetings with a smile on my face every time!

My classroom is DONE! It is the first day of inservice and my classroom is DONE! Unbelieveable! I have NEVER experienced that...granted this is only my 6th year teaching....but usually I am a stressed/panic mess! I even had a chance to do my lesson plans for the first day of school!

I am working with two wonderful teachers. Ms. Y and Mr. K. They are both old enough to be my parents and they are established in life as well as happy in life. They both have grown children and there is ZERO drama. It is amazing to me! I am thrilled to be working with them and can't wait to learn all I can from them!

Right now, it is 9:40 on a Friday night. Clint is working SO HARD getting a "preview" (magazine thing) ready for football season. I didn't see him yesterday or today. I am going to try REALLY hard to wait up for him tonight. I have folded laundry all around me and am waiting for the last load to dry. I usually do my laundry on Saturdays, but what I do today, I wont have to do tomorrow! I am watching the little league baseball team from my hometown, Warner Robins, GA, play in the World Series on ESPN and sipping on my Diet Coke from Whataburger (don't hate me Karen). I just checked my sister's (Dani) blog that she has updated...first time in a YEAR...and am reminded once again how truly blessed I am.

I will close for now.

Until next time,
Sam

4 comments:

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Yeah!! Glad to hear things are going so great. :)

rickaren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rickaren said...

Really? You have to rub Whataburger in my face here AND on Facebook?!?!? I'm kidding. Glad that your inservice went well. Only two years of teaching, and I totally get the stupid question thing! Good job on your laundry and good job on finishing your classroom already. Go you!

P.S. I had to edit it because I misspelled something. . .that's why my first comment was deleted! :)

Kel said...

It must be so exciting to get a new batch of kids! Good luck with this school year!