BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Waiting for my nails to dry...

I painted my nails tonight. One good way for them to dry and still be prodctive is to type. So...here I am!

Friday was the first day of school, and in a mere 8 hours, I will wake up to start day 2. The first day whizzed by in a blur! I met all of my students, explained my expectations and accomplished all that I set out to for a first day.

I believe I have the best 6th grade class out of the three that are there, but you know...that's my opinion!

At lunch, I was TOTALLY out of my element since last year we did not eat in that cafeteria. I was paying attention to the kids, the soda machines that they were using that they weren't supposed to be using and trying to get them to the right tables. All of a sudden the principal walked up to me and told me I had just caused quite a "ruckus"! I had NO idea what she was talking about. She went on to explain that the Kindergarten teacher had to physically restrain 4 of her students from running accross the cafeteria to me. 4 of my former little ones saw me and just HAD to give me a hug. Bless their hearts. They didn't get to, which I totally understand, but it made me smile. I did wave at them from accross the tables and it absolutely made my day!

Do you know that I got to leave the school at 3:45? Do you know that is my regular departure time? Do you know that I do not step foot on that playground? Can I get an amen??

Saturday I drove up to Tifton to go to the revival at my In-laws church. Eddie Middleton, a former NewSong member, was the singer/preacher. He was amazing and it was just the kick in the pants I needed to start the school year off! This upcoming Friday and Saturday I am attending a Beth Moore Simulcast at a church in Thomasville. I am REALLY excited about this. It is the closest I could get to seeing her live...maybe one day!

Alrighty...nails are dry...time for bed!

Until next time,
Sam

1 comments:

rickaren said...

Glad that your chillins' still love you!