BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Unbelieveable!

Since we got our DVR, I have been even more addicted to the food channel than ever before! I have been taping DVRing pretty much every show that is a new episode. The other day, I watched my favorite Southern Belle, Paula Deen, make the most scrumtious looking Spice Cake I have EVER seen. So....today I decided to try my hand at it! She made it look so easy, and it SO was! She made it look delicious...AND IT WAS! I wish my vocabulary could precisely describe how truly wonderful it is. Oh my!

Here is the recipe, let me know if you try it!

Paula's Spicy Cinnamon Cake

1 (18 ounce) package spice cake mix
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 corn oil ( I did buy the corn oil, but I bet it would work with another type)
5 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans (I love them, but you can leave out)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch tube/bundt pan.
2. Combine cake mix, instant pudding, sour cream, eggs, and corn oil and beat together well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and pecans.
4. Pour half of the batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with sugar mixture, reserving a little to sprinkle on top.
5. Pour the rest of the batter into pan and sprinkle with the rest of the sugar mixture.
6 Bake 1 hour. Let cool and remove from pan.




1 comments:

rickaren said...

I do so hate to do things in the kitchen, but I may give this a whirl! I'll let you know!