BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 23, 2010

Google trouble

The Thompson household is calm and quiet at the moment! Mommy is chillin on MiMi's laptop, Daddy is sound asleep and Millie is taking her morning nap in her cradle. MiMi is chatting away to her friends on the phone and telling them all about her girl.

We are settling into a routine of sorts. The thought of a "schedule" makes my hands sweat (which is quite normal for me), and seems somewhat impossible. We are on a schedule called "My name is Millie and I get hungry when I get hungry and I sleep when I am sleepy." She sleeps in segments of 3 to 4 hours which compared to the first night, is really good.

Back in the day, I would be the one counting on my fingers to make sure I got at least 8 hours of sleep each night. Now, when I sleep for 3 or more hours I seriously wanna do the happy dance! AND...(if this sounds strange, forgive me) I enjoy waking up to take care of my baby. No, I don't bound out of the bed singing a song, but i don't moan or groan or hate myself. I just love her so much and have this untamed desire to take care of her. I praise the Lord for the emotions and feelings thus far!

Millie's Daddy is by far the BEST daddy in the world! I knew he would be, but I had NO idea how much more love I could possibly have for this man. When I see him with her, my heart melts. When I hear him soothing her at 3 in the morning through the monitors, I cry. When he sweetly rubs my back or sneaks a kiss, I feel like the luckiest woman on the planet. He would do ANYTHING for his girls and I am so thankful for him.

Alrighty...before the waterworks begin, I must run! For some reason our home computer will NOT let me on blogger...or Google for that matter. Something about a Security Certificate. I am a little nervous about that and wondering if I am going to have to start a new blog elsewhere...YIKES. My step dad comes in tonight, so I am gonna see if he can help or call my step brother Alan to see if he can help. Otherwise, stay tuned!

Until next time,
Sam

2 comments:

rickaren said...

So sweet. . . Love you!

H said...

I TOTALLY get what you're saying about not minding getting up....I can be dead dog tired and still don't get irritated when she needs me in the middle of the night...it's a privilege! I CANNOT WAIT to get my hands on her! Love you!