BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Just when I thought...

The pain was gone...I WAS WRONG!

This whole C-Section business is not fun! I don't want to complain because of the amazing gift that came from having a C-section, but MAN does it hurt!

I have SLOWLY been getting back to somewhat normal and thought things were going well. Every little twinge scares me since they sent me home with a paper describing all the side effects that will have you back in the hospital.

I got up with Millie about 3:15 this morning, changed, fed, burped and rocked her and went back to bed at about 4. All was well and I was feeling fine. Clint got up with her at about 6ish while I slept. Our alarm was set for 7:45 since I had a 10:00 doctor's appointment. When I got out of bed, I thought I was going to pass out! I was in SO MUCH pain! I wasn't sure what was causing it or what to do really other than to down some pain pills and get ready to go, thankful that I got to see the doctor today.

After an hour and a half wait in the doctor's office...and by now I feel great thanks to the medicine...we finally got to see her. No infection in my incision thankfully, but I have to REALLY watch it and keep it DRY! Also, there was a ton of fluid that she had to drain...OUCH...

Unfortunately, I am not a skinny minny, so this type of incision will be a tad more difficult for me to care for. I HATE all things medical so I tried to pay good attention...lets just say...I have my work cut out for me!

The pain is still lingering...I just sent mom to CVS to get my perscriptions filled...

I just want to be well! I want to run and play and walk like I am 27 and not 72. I want to pick up my Millie without cringing! I want to do the dishes and sweep the floor.

Now I sound rediculous, so I'll close! Please ignore the complaining!

In happier news: The football coach's wife is bringing us supper! AND...I am ONE pound away from being at my pre-pregnancy weight (NOT that I am doing anything to help...believe me...(please don't hate me Leah!) But, this is a WHOLE different subject for a WHOLE different day!

Until next time,
Sam

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL. You didn't gain half the weight I did while you were pregnant. So good for you! I gained 60 lbs.
And be glad to be back at pre-prego weight.
As for healing, we all have our woes. And it just takes time. Usually around 4 weeks you start to feel some relief. But man, those first 4 weeks are touch and go. Love ya girl! Praying for you! And so happy for you!

H said...

Good grief, don't feel bad for commplaining...surgery sucks!!! I know you just want to "live life" with Millie instead of hobbling around...praying you heal FAST!!! Love you!

carrie said...

I understand your pain! I felt the same- frustrated for having to hurt! But keep taking those meds to stay ahead of the pain, it really makes a difference. I slowly weaned myself off of them so that it didn't make Oliver sleepy. But by week 3 there was a definite improvement with no meds! I stopped my meds after a week of being home.
Praying for a good fast recovery for you, my advice is to take all offers of dinners from friends!! Wish I was nearby so I could bring you a meal!