BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Triage

This morning I had my normal 1 week check up at 11:00. Clint and I woke up, got ready, loaded the Jeep up with our hospital stuff just in case and we were off. My biggest thought of the morning was weather or not I would be dialated at all. I have been talking to myself a lot telling myself not to get upset if I wasn't dialated because it wasn't time yet. I didn't want to be dissappointed when there is a miracle in progress. I wanted to be positive and stay positive. That was pretty much my conversation in my brain during the hour long trip to Tally.

We got to the doctor's office, did the normal pee in the cup and wait business and was called back. My blood pressure was at 145/91. A little too high for their liking. The midwife came in, we chatted a bit, asked me if I was having contractions and she was ready to check for Millie's heartbeat. She checked it...there it was beating nice and strong at 140bpm! She then checked me...NO dialation still, but the head is nice and low and my cervix is thinning still! She then sat me up and said "what I need you to do for me is head on over to Triage so they can do some blood work and monitoring since your blood pressure is a little too high." I am sure my face went a little pale...but I was honestly pretty calm. We made our appointment for next Thursday and off we went.

We sent out the text messages, made the phone calls and checked in. My poor mama is in Chicago for a conference type thing and is REALLY wishing she wasn't there. I knew this would be hard for her to hear, so I tried to sound as chipper as I could. She was very calm, but very serious. She said "it is probably going to mean bed rest for you." Mama was right!

We checked in to Triage and got all hooked up to the baby monitor and the blood pressure cuff. I had 3 vials of blood drawn and then we just waited. An hour and a half later, my bp had gone back to normal and the blood work came back good. We were released with strict orders for me to stay off my feet and rest!

I was very surprised because I feel that all I have done the last 3 weeks has been exactly that...off my feet and resting! This means no laundry, no cooking, no cleaning etc. It sounds like a good plan, but I am already bored! Thankfully my mom will be here Friday to stay until 2 weeks after Millie is born! I am so ready to see her!

So now...we wait. We look for signs and wait.

Until next time,
Sam

2 comments:

carrie said...

How exciting you are getting so close to meeting Millie!! I'm so glad your bp went down, but boo that you have bed rest. Enjoy it as much as you can, get some zzz's while you can! I had to go to triage beforehand too, and I kind of liked that it gave me a 'trial run' to the real day, so I knew what to expect. Praying for Millie to be here healthy and safe, can't wait to hear the big news!

rickaren said...

And, I wait for the text to start updating Facebook. OMG!!!