BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Shower Curtain Change Up

Back when we moved into this apartment last September, I knew we would need supplies for our second bathroom seeing as how we only had one bathroom at our last place. I am BY NO MEANS a decorator, nor do I seem to care all that much for decorating...other than Millie's room...that was fun.

We let the second bathroom go for a little while with nothing since we didn't have any guests slated to come. Finally, we (I) decided it was time. I made the mistake of convincing Clint to go with me on a Sunday after church to shop for bathroom stuff. He did it, but clearly wasn't interested. I started interested but quickly lost the thrill of it all (looking back now, I was about 4 weeks pregnant and had NO IDEA...could be the reason for the easy loss of thrill!)

All of that to say, we grabbed this and grabbed that, threw it all up and wa-la we were done! I went sort of with a flip flop/beachy theme. I found a shower curtain that I thought would be perfect. Unfortunately I didn't pay very close attention to it until we were home and putting it up.

As I hung it up I realized that the bottom (which I loved) had all different types of flip flops, where the middle had clothes and towels that looked like they were hanging on hooks. The problem was right smack dab in the middle was a teeny tiny, barely there, bikini! I was immediately bummed, but gave it a big "oh well"!

Fastforward 9 months and the thought of Millie taking her baths with that shower curtain made me feel like a bad mommy. Call me crazy/hormonal/weird or anything of the like...I don't mind. I just don't want her seeing that stuff even as a little one! So...the search has been ON for something a little more lady-like!

Obviously we are not in a place where we want to spend lots of money on a whole new bathroom theme, so that has been a factor too! For now we are focusing on the shower curtain and towels to match. The rest of the details can come with time for sure!

Yesterday was the day! I went to Bealls outlet where it has 15% off Fridays. I found myself in the clearance aisle and stumbled on the most adorable shower curtain! The best part is that it was originally $20 marked down to $10 with an additional 50% off PLUS the 15%off for the fact that it was Friday! I got that bad boy for $4!!!! And it's cloth!

I love it and I hope Millie will too!

Cute huh??

1 comments:

H said...

LOVE little ducks! And I have to also say...you cracked me up with the bikini comment:):):) I get what you're saying...guess that's one of those things that I'm gonna have to rethink once Kara actually notices what I wear!:)