BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 31, 2010

1st road trip and photo shoot

It's official...we are on our own!
We dropped my mom off Friday night and said our goodbyes...I cried like a little girl and am contemplating a good cry after I post this blog. I had no idea how much I would absolutely appreciate my mom being here for 3 weeks and no idea how much I would miss her company. Some of the tears were hormones, some were out of fear of the job that lay ahead, and most were out of pure sadness.

Today is another day, and I am okay. I miss her, but there is something to be said for our cute little family of three!

Anyway...we spent the night at Nana and Papa T's house and had a great time. Millie slept in her pack n play and did great! I was a little apprehensive as to how she would do at a new place in a new bed...but NO biggie at all!

This morning we woke up and headed to Clint's cousin Sidney's house. Sidney is an amazing photographer and I have looked forward to this photo shoot for a while! My in-laws came with us because they had the most important job of transporting the BIGGEST watermelon i've ever seen! Papa T grew it just for the purpose of taking Millie's picture with it! We changed her into her watermelon bloomers and off we went. We layed her on the watermelon and the camera went crazy! She was SO calm as she layed there feeling the strange sensation on her belly. I was SO proud! I have no idea if any of the other pictures we took turned out, but I KNOW we got some great watermelon ones!

We did a few poses in a cute pink dress, did a few naked baby pictures and by the time it came to the casual pictures...she was DONE! It was quite the experience for sure. The fun part is, we get to do it all again in about 2 months!

We are home now, and Millie is sound asleep in her Daddy's arms. He leaves in about 15 minutes to go back to work and I plan to hit the bed before her midnight feeding. Life is good for sure!

Tomorrow we will go to church for the first time with our girl. I am excited to introduce her to everyone, yet a little anxious about all that it takes to get a baby from point a to point b, sit through sunday school and church without causing a scene, and talking to myself about how to handle the possible "scene"! Sheesh!

Must run...
Until next time,
Sam

2 comments:

H said...

Have fun tomorrow...she'll probably sleep through it all like K did:) And it will take a L O N G time to leave since everyone will swarm you! Enjoy:)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see those pics!