BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 2, 2010

MUST have it!

****Writing this blog while my brand new dishwasher is being installed!!!! Thank you Wildwood Apartments!!!

Do you ever get those intense food cravings that you MUST fulfill? I have to admit that I have been like that for a lot of my life. If I think about something yummy for too long, the feeling of "I HAVE to have that" takes over. It has been very much the same story during this pregnancy, only magnified a bit!

Yesterday was one of those days!

It all started last week when my mother-in-law was talking about how many tomatoes (beautiful) her garden was producing. She just didn't know what she was going to do with them all! I mentioned possibly making salsa. She thought about it, even checked out a few cookbooks, but realized it would be quite the undertaking that she just didn't have time for. We are talking salsa for canning here. That was that. My thoughts didn't really dwell there until good ole Paula Deen came on the food network. She made this FRESH salsa which looked SO SO good! That same episode came on twice during the week, and yes I watched it both times! ;)

Long story short, I was sent home with a whole bunch of tomatoes. I couldn't get salsa out of my brain. So...off I went to google and google and google some more. I decided canning was out of the question seeing that I can only stand for short periods of time, so I was looking for something fresh. I found this recipe that sounded good and off I went. I had to go to the store for a few things, but it was SO SO worth it!

If you are curious....here is the recipe!
Enjoy!

California Avocado Salsa

3 large avocado, peeled and cubed
3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped sweet red pepper (I left this out...$3.69 for ONE...I don't think so!)
1 small onion
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
1/4 cup lime juice (I would probably only do 1/8 next time)
salt to taste
chips

In a bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients, mix well. Serve immediately with chips.


Let the fun begin!

Finished product! So good!

2 comments:

carrie said...

yum! that looks so good, I may have to make it next week when I go grocery shopping again. How are you feeling these days? Ready for Mille to be here by now? I was so ready to have Oliver at the end, I didn't care so much about the pain anymore! Thinking about you and can't wait to see pics of that sweet little girl :)

slt said...

Awww thanks Carrie! I am feeling okay...not great though! Night time is the worst for some reason! Every little twinge makes me wonder what is happening! I am definitely ready to meet her...enough is enough! :) 2 weeks from tomorrow, although my gut is telling me sooner! We shall see! Thanks for checking!